Section 2 Aggregate Information. When you visit our Website, our server automatically logs (records) domain name and standard non-personal Information about the operating system and Web browser you are using, as provided by your Web browser (“Aggregate Information”). This automatically-collected information is used for statistical purposes to help us manage our Website and better serve the community. If you have provided personal information through our Website, Aggregate Information will be tied to your personal information and we may use this information to provide you with a better site experience. CSD may use this Aggregate Information to analyze inquiry, request, and usage patterns so that CSD may enhance its website and services. CSD reserves the right to use and disclose Aggregate Information to third parties in CSD’s sole discretion.
Section 4 Other Information. You may provide information when you interact with CSD through e-mail, online chat, or otherwise. CSD may retain such information in order to provide you services.
Section 5 E-mail Communication. All communication through from CSD is sent by e-mail. You may opt out of receiving these e-mail communications by using the unsubscribe link in the footer of any e-mail sent by CSD. You may also inform us if you wish to unsubscribe by e-mailing email@example.com.
We use e-mail links located on this site to allow you to contact us directly via e-mail. We use the information provided in your e-mail to respond to your questions or comments. We may also store your comments for future reference.
Section 6 Links to other Websites. CSD is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any other websites to which the Website links or to which link to the Website. By clicking on a link, logo, or other item, or using certain services available on the Website, please note that you may no longer be on the Website. To check what Internet location you are on, note the URL at the top and/or bottom of your browser. CSD encourages you to read the posted privacy statement of that website whenever interacting with any website.
Section 7 Data Security Statement. The security of your Personal Information is very important to CSD. CSD follows generally-accepted industry standards to protect Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while CSD strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect Personal Information, CSD cannot guarantee its security.
Section 8 Online Surveys. Occasionally, CSD will conduct a survey to collect information about your preferences and opinions. These surveys are optional, and if you choose to respond, your responses may be shared but will be kept anonymous. You may unsubscribe to receiving e-mails regarding surveys through links at the bottom of all e-mails. You may also inform us if you wish to unsubscribe by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 9 Legal Requests. CSD cooperates with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud, theft, harassment and other rights. By using the Website, you authorize CSD to disclose any information about you, if CSD believes that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on CSD; (b) protect or defend the rights or property of CSD or third parties; (c) assist in an investigation; or (d) respond to an emergency that poses a threat to the safety of users or other persons.
Section 11 Successors and Assigns. CSD may share some or all of your Personal Information with any of CSD’s successors and assigns.
Section 12 Affiliates. CSD may share some or all of your Personal Information with CSD’s subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under a common control (collectively, ”Affiliates“).
Section 14 Data Retention. CSD retains all Personal Information submitted to CSD for the purposes listed herein. If you no longer wish to have your information retained by CSD, please contact CSD at email@example.com and we will remove identifying information from our production websites and mailing lists within 48 business hours of receiving this request.
Standard Terms and
Conditions of Use Agreement
H. This Standard Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement (“Agreement”) governs the use of the SignVote website, https://signvote.org/ (“Website”).
This Website is operated by Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. (“CSD”). CSD offers this Website, including all information, tools, and services available on the Website to you conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms of this Agreement, and as the terms may be modified by CSD from time to time.
By accessing or using any part of the Website, you agree to be bound by this Agreement. This Agreement applies to all users of the Website, including, but not limited to, users who are contributors of content and/or videos. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this Agreement, then you may not access the Website.
B. Information Contained on the Website
- Accuracy and Completeness of Information. CSD is not responsible if information on the Website is not accurate, complete, or current. The material on this Website is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete, or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this Website is at your own risk.
- Timeliness of information. This Website may contain historical information. Historical information is defined as information that is not current and is provided for your reference only. CSD reserves the right to modify the contents of this Website at any time, but CSD has no obligation to update any information on the Website.
C. Website Availability and Modifications
1. Website Availability. The Website will be accessible to you via the World Wide Web portion of the Internet twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, except for scheduled maintenance and required repairs, and except for any loss or interruption due to causes beyond the control of CSD, including, but not limited to, interruption or failure of telecommunication or digital transmission links and Internet slow-downs or failures.
2. Discontinuance, Modifications, and Changes to the Website. Access to the Website and all other features, attributes or aspects of the Website are subject to change, modification, additions, or deletions at any time without notice at CSD’s sole discretion. CSD may, at its sole discretion, discontinue any or all aspects of the Website. CSD shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Website.
D. Third Party Links and Tools
1. Links to Third Party Websites. CSD makes no representations whatsoever about any other third party websites (“Third Party Websites”) that you may access though this Website. When you access a Third Party Website, you understand that it is independent from CSD and CSD has no control over the content on such Third Party Website. A hyperlink to a Third Party Website does not mean that CSD endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of the linked Third Party Website. You are responsible for taking all precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your own use or download is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, and other items of a destructive nature.
2. Optional Third Party Tools. CSD may provide you with access to third party tools (“Third Party Tools”) through the links on the Website. CSD does not monitor and does not have any control over such Third Party Tools. You acknowledge and agree that CSD provides access to such Third Party Tools ”as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. CSD shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional Third Party Tools. Any use by you of optional Third Party Tools offered through the Website is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third party provider(s). CSD does not collect or store any of the information that you input into any Third Party Tools.
E. Restrictions on Use and Prohibited Activities
1. Restrictions on Use. Any materials created by CSD and made available for access or download through the Website are the property of CSD and/or its affiliates. The Website may be protected by federal and international copyright and trademark laws, and no portion of the materials on these pages may be reprinted, republished, modified, or distributed in any form without the express prior written of CSD. You shall keep intact any proprietary notices, including copyright notices, contained on any downloaded materials. Any rights not expressly granted by this Agreement are reserved by CSD.
2. Prohibited Activities. In addition to other activities not permitted in this Agreement, you may not modify, reverse engineer, or decompile any aspects of the Website or create derivative works based on the Website. You may not distribute, rent, lease, sell, license, or otherwise transfer rights in the Website to any other person or entity or make any other commercial use of the Website. Except for downloading of certain files, when authorized, you may not save the files to your computer or any other storage medium. You may not violate any security or corrupt the Website in any way.
F. User Content
1. Contribution of User Content. CSD encourages you and other users to contribute content to this Website, including, but not limited to, videos and textual narratives regarding the voting procedures and laws in your state (“User Content”). You may submit User Content to CSD by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. You understand and acknowledge that submission of User Content to CSD does not obligate CSD to use it.
2. License to use User Content. You understand that when you submit User Content to CSD, you are granting CSD a license to display the User Content on the Website. Regardless of whether or not your User Content is published on the Website, CSD makes no representation of confidentiality or anonymity of any kind with respect to your User Content. You retain all ownership rights in the User Content you submit. However, by submitting your User Content to CSD, you grant CSD a worldwide, perpetual, non-terminable, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, assignable, sub-licensable, and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, publish, transmit, edit (including combining any element of your User Content with other elements and content including the User Content of others), prepare derivative works of, display, promote, commercialize, and otherwise exercise all rights in and to the User Content in any media formats and through any media channels of CSD. Such license includes all rights and permissions to reproduce the likeness, name and any other personal or identifiable information submitted as a part of the User Content. CSD reserves the right to edit, remove, or decline to use any User Content at any time, for any reason, without notice and at CSD’s sole discretion. CSD has no responsibility for the backup of any User Content.
3. Representations and Warranties by User. In connection with any User Content you submit, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: (i) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize CSD to use all User Content submitted by you; (ii) you have the written consent, release and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the User Content to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person; (iii) the User Content is not confidential or secret, and (iv) the User Content complies with this Agreement.
G. Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability
1. Disclaimer of Warranties. CSD MAKES NO REPRESENTATION AS TO THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, OR CURRENCY OF ANY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED AS-IS, WITH ALL FAULTS, AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. CSD EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND TITLE/NON-INFRINGEMENT TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. CSD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE WEBSITE WILL BE CORRECTED. CSD DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR RELATED DOCUMENTATION IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, QUALITY, RELIABILITY, APPROPRIATENESS FOR A PARTICULAR TASK OR APPLICATION, OR OTHERWISE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION PROVIDED BY CSD OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY. YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR AND ASSUME ALL RISK FOR USE OF THE WEBSITE. CSD IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TRANSMISSION ERRORS OR CORRUPTION OR SECURITY OF INFORMATION CARRIED OVER TELECOMMUNICATION LINES.
2. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL CSD BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED IN ANY WAY TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE WEBSITE OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY (INCLUDING FOR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT), EVEN IF CSD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
H. General Provisions
- Modifications. You can review the most current version of this Agreement at any time on this page. CSD may modify the terms of this Agreement from time to time without notice to you. It is your responsibility to check the Website periodically for changes. Continued use of the Website after any modifications to the terms of this Agreement constitutes your acceptance of such modified terms.
- Termination. CSD may disable or bar your access to the Website and/or may generally cease providing this Website at any time without notice in CSD’s sole discretion.
- Indemnification. CSD shall not be obligated to you for any claims, actions, demands, liabilities arising directly or indirectly out of or from your acts or omissions, in connection with: (i) the access or use of the Website; (ii) any violation of any term of this Agreement; or (iii) any breach or violation of a right of any third party or of any law, statute, ordinance or regulation related to your User Content or use of the Website. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless CSD, its officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives and corporate affiliates from any claims that arise directly or indirectly out of the matters described in this Subsection 8.03, including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees.
- Governing Law. The rights and obligations of the parties under this Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas and of the United States, without giving effect to the principles of Texas law relating to conflict or choice of laws.
- Legal Notices. All legal notices to CSD shall be sent to CSD’s registered agent via postal mail to the address listed below, with a copy sent by e-mail to email@example.com. CSD’s receipt of correspondence by e-mail is for convenience only and does not waive any objections, including the lack of jurisdiction or proper service.
2028 E Ben White Blvd #240-5250
Austin, TX 78741
Attn: Legal and Compliance
6. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall for any reason or to any extent be found invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement and the application of such provision to other persons, entities or circumstances shall not be affected thereby, but, rather, shall be enforced to the extent consistent with the intent of the parties hereto and permitted by law. Further, in lieu of any provision found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, there shall be added automatically as part of this Agreement a provision as similar in terms to such provision deemed illegal, invalid or unenforceable as may be possible and which shall be legal, valid, and enforceable.