NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Introduction. The SignVote Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is an incentive reward program with the goal of increasing the number of followers on the following social media platforms so as to inform and engage deaf communities throughout the 2020 election. SignVote is a campaign sponsored by Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. (CSD).
2. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States and are located in the United States at the time of entry.
3. Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00AM ET October 12th, 2020 and ends at 11:59PM ET October 16th, 2020.
4. How to Enter. To enter the Sweepstakes, potential entrants must complete a short social media-based quiz affiliated with SignVote, hosted from October 12th-October 8th, 2020. Entrants must correctly match photos of products made by deaf-owned businesses with the business name. The length of time required to complete the quiz will take approximately five minutes. Each entrant to successfully match ALL photos and businesses on any of CSD’s three social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter), will receive one entry into a random drawing to win one (1) free SignVote t-shirt. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON PER PLATFORM ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than one entry by using multiple email or mailing addresses, identities or any other method other than one entry per platform will void that entrant’s entry and the entrant will be disqualified. You are not a winner until your prize claim is validated and you receive official written notification via direct message from SignVote. By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to SignVotes’s related Sweepstakes decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling the requirements explained herein.
5. Winner Selection and Notification. On or about October 16th, 2020, potential prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes. SignVote will notify the winners by email with instructions on how to claim the prize between October 16th – October 23rd, 2020. If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the email within fifteen days after the email, the winner will forfeit the prize and SignVote may award the prize to an alternate entrant, selected at random. Only 3 alternate entrants will be contacted.
6. There will be a maximum of 3 (three) prizes awarded: The prize will consist of a free T-Shirt from the SignVote Shop (taxes and shipping not included). No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prizes is permitted except at SignVote’s sole discretion or as provided herein. If the advertised prize cannot be awarded for any reason, SignVote reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local income taxes on the prizes and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Arrangements for delivery of prizes will be made after winner validation. LIMIT ONE (1) PRIZE PER PERSON. Unclaimed prizes shall not be awarded. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
7. General Rules. CSD is not responsible for: (i) electronic or digital transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, or misdirected; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures (including but not limited to failures or malfunctions of phone lines, telephone systems or other communications systems), destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions; (iv) damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer; (v) causes beyond CSD’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (vi) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (vii) any typographical or other error in the advertising related to the Sweepstakes, in the administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement/notification of prize winners; or (viii) cheating or fraud by any participant. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified.
8. Release & Waiver: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless CSD from and against any and all liability, loss, injuries or damages associated with participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize received in this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants waive all rights to claim punitive, indirect, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys’ fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to participate.
9. Disputes/Governing Law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant or CSD in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application or the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas. Any action or litigation concerning this Sweepstakes shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Travis County, Texas, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. You agree to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Texas. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTICIPANTS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
11. Winners’ List: To view the winners’ list for this Sweepstakes visit https://signvote.org/2020/10/06/signvote-t-shirt-sweepstakes-2020/. The winners’ list will be available after winner validation has been completed.
This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. (“CSD”), 2028 E Ben White Blvd #240-5250, Austin, TX 78741.